To increase awareness about the plight of the Sri Lankan elephant and to generate the funds necessary for our elephant’s sustenance and care and fund the the other projects that we operate all over Sri Lanka, Millennium Elephant Foundation- supported by Club Concept actively welcomes visitors.
To receive 15% discount on our ticket prices please Click Here *
During your visit you may like to…
- Wash the elephants!
- Take an elephant shower!
- Journey on a bare back elephant safari around the estate! (Various lengths of ride will affect entry price)
- Visit our on-site museum! Displays are created and maintained by our volunteers.
- Chat with our experienced multilingual guides and volunteers, our guides are also very happy to take photographs and videos for you at no extra cost
- Feed the elephants a fruit plate and further support our projects (200 rupees per plate) all profits go directly into funding medicines and sponsorship of elephants here
- Enjoy refreshment’s or a meal at the Club Concept restaurant located opposite the MEF
- Or just sit back and relax and spend as much time as you like watching the elephants!
All of this (unless otherwise stated) is included in a fixed priced entry ticket.
Entry with no ride 1000/-
Entry and a short ride 2000/-
Entry and a medium ride 3000/-
Entry and a long ride 5000/-
Children (3- 12 years) are half price and under 3’s are free.
We open from 9am till 4pm everyday. Please note that the elephants may go to bed early in heavy rain and storms.
To Pre-book and receive 15%
discount on our ticket prices
please Click Here!>>>*
*Pre-bookings need to be made at least 48 hours in advance.
We hope that by getting up close and personal with these amazing creatures and learning about them in our museum that you will go away with a deeper knowledge and understanding of the elephant and appreciate that we must all do everything that we can to protect and save these magnificent animals.
All activities at MEF are closely supervised to ensure visitor safety and to ensure that no harm or stress is placed on our elephants. We practice responsible tourism and you will ride the elephants bare back or on a cushion as this is best for the elephants, we regularly treat elephants with severe wounds caused by the wearing of Howdah’s! Please also note that there is NO SMOKING permitted inside the facility.
Visitors should be aware that the elephants at the MEF are not all owned by MEF and so the number of resident elephants can vary throughout the year.
We do not encourage tipping here at MEF as we would much rather receive donations to support the elephants.
We are very happy to accommodate film crews wishing to explore the issues surrounding elephants, and to interact with the animals living here. We are able to stage-manage most scenarios for film and documentary makers.
Over the years, journalists and authors alike have visited MEF wishing to learn more about the plight of elephants in Sri Lanka. If you are interested in filming here please e-mail us for more details.
Dining and catering
Club Concept restaurant, also owned and managed by the Samarasinghe family, is located directly opposite MEF. The restaurant is open daily between 8am for 9.30pm and offers snacks and full meals in both Eastern and Western styles. The restaurant has capacity for large parties and individual travelers. Currently being refurbished!